There's a lot of things I imagined I would learn on this trip. Some of them obvious things like history of the city or how to navigate public transportation in another country, yet the things I have learned about myself are coming at a complete surprise to me. I really didn't think someone could change much in fourteen days, but I have started noticing small changes about myself. It's like this trip and started restoring my self-confidence that has been waning for the past year or two. Before we get too deep though I should probably at least talk about what I did today. While I have noticed that many people feel the need to do everything everyday in order to be happy or complete. I however am quite religious when it comes to designated times where I do nothing and recover from the exhausting days from before. Since we were in Salzburg though we did have to manage to get back to Vienna in time for class Monday. Kirsten and I had decided that we should head back earlier because we both wanted to do laundry and other things back in Vienna. The walk to the train station and the train ride itself were both quite uneventful. I was able to enjoy the beautiful Austrian country side, while also catching and couple Z's. After that I hustled though the hour long commute back home with all my luggage, and arrived home safely. I was able to get my laundry done while also resting up a little in preparation for my last week in Vienna. I did do a lot thinking though.
Before going on this trip I have to admit I was really nervous about not knowing anyone on the trip. We would be together for three weeks in a foreign country and I was worried about getting along with them. While I still believe today I have trouble being on the same level the others are on I feel like we get along. We can have nice conversation hang out if we want an many other things. They may be very different from me but we are still able to be friends. While this probably seems really obvious to others, this something I have been struggling with a lot not only on this trip but my first year of college. I felt like everyone was too different from me and they were befriending each other much quicker than I was. I still feel this way, which leads me to what this trip has begun to teach me. How to be my best friend and stand by my own side. At college this was harder for me to do since there are so many options of things to do and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but here on this trip I had clear goals for what I wanted to do. This helped reteach me ways to do things I want without compromise. I have been able to do a lot fo things on my own, teach myself new things, and learn new things about myself. I am relearning my strong points as well as learning about my weak ones, and I have learned to unapologetically be me and have fun as myself. Which I feel like I really needed to learn to do again. This trip is prepping me to start making the most of my time at college. Again I can't wait to see what my last week here holds, until next time!
You do you, BOO!!! This is SUCH a great lesson to learn...thankfully you are learning it early in life! Keep on keeping on being YOU, the way you are, the things YOU like. When one likes oneself for who they are, others will follow suit!
ReplyDelete