Sunday, June 3, 2018

Day 21: June 3rd, My Goodbye to Austria

While I did not go home to the US when everyone else did I still had quite the long travel day. It honestly felt a lot like being on a plane for six hours because I didn't get up at all (I had no idea where food or bathrooms where on the train). This gave me a lot of time to think about different things. I thought a lot about Austria and how I was going to miss it. I thought about what I was going to do in Germany, since I still didn't have a plan for that. Strangely enough I did feel a little homesick, but not really for America per say but for my parents. They are like my best friends so I miss seeing them. Of  all these things though I thought a lot about myself and how I was going to go forward after this adventure. In all honesty I really don't feel like I have changed much, I never do. I just continue with my life and hope I do good things to help improve the world with things I have learned. I've leaned so much on this trip too, not just history and culture, but real world things I can use on campus or just in my life. I am thankful to Austria for al the things it has taught me. I feel like I can't do justice to its beauty, amazement, and spirit in words. I am going to miss it so much. Like other adventure though I will return home, make a scrapbook, stay in touch with people I went with. A walk through each day knowing that theres a special place in my mind and soul for Austria and its people. This blog really isn't long because I am so tired (and still on European time). Just know that I am extremely grateful for the chance to go on this trip, and I don't regret a single moment of it. Thank you for everything, and have a good night! So Long, Farewell! (also my computer is misbehaving again so I will post picture later)

1 comment:

  1. Changes...though we may not FEEL the change, EVERYTHING we learn changes us in a way! I love how contemplative you are. Glad you went...hope you had fun in Germany!

    ReplyDelete